Questions re: Pot, cap and pickup wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions re: Pot, cap and pickup wiring

Thanks for all your help on my other thread re: pot, wiring and cap mods. I have started the project and have some questions regarding the differences between the wiring on the guitar and the wiring diagram provided by Seymour Duncan for "2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way switch."
    First: The guitar has a .022 cap between the no.1 lug of the tone pot and the tone pot body; The SD diagram shows a .047 cap between the no. 2 lug on the tone pot and the tone pot body. The guitar originally had "Duncan Designed" pickups. The wiring I am doing is for SD Pearly Gates pickups. I am inclined to use the .047 cap as shown on the SD diagram. Which way do you all think it should it be done the way the guitar had it or the way shown on the SD diagram?
    Second: The SD diagram shows the green and bare wires of both pickups soldered to the volume pot body. The guitar had them soldered to the tone pot body. Does it make a difference?
    Third: The SD diagram shows a connection between the no.3 lug of the volume pot and the no.1 lug of the tone pot; and a connection between the no.1 lug of the tone pot and the middle lug of the switch. The guitar has a connection between the no.3 lug of the volume pot and the no.2 lug of the tone pot; and a connection between the middle lug of the switch and the no.3 lug of the volume pot. Again I am inclined to do it the way the SD diagram has it. Which way would you all do it? Or does it make any difference? Thanks.

Last edited by Jacksonhole wyoming; 09-12-2013, 12:17 AM.

no
    no
    no
    >^v^<

Comment

Working...
    X