Is THIS Licensed Floyd Rose a JT-500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is THIS Licensed Floyd Rose a JT-500?

I'm looking ofr a JT-500 Tremolo for my Jackson Kelly Std. I ran across thise Seller, who is selling Peavey tremolos that look a lot like the Jackson JT-500. I know the JT-590 was used in some different guitars other than Jackson, so I'm thinking maybe this Peavey Tremolo is a JT-500. I just put together a Mutt form parts, and don't really want to use a JT-590 in place of the JT-500, which I understand is doable. The guitar really isn't worthy of that upgrade.
    Here is the Peavey trem that I think might be the same as a JT-500 Licensed by Floyd Rose Jackson Tremolo.;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Pea...item5af4ee7aca

Yes, same thing.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

i think the kelly std came with a square based 580lp

Comment

Did more than one manufacturer make the JT-500? :think:
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

First, someone bid on the Peavey JT-500 I posted here. That was a rat ass thing to do, and I spit on whomever it was that did that to me . That would not have happened except some snake here saw this thread and the JT-500 I was considering getting and that wants a JT-500. I knew that was going to happen, but I also needed the information.Next; It appears the Kelly Std. Came with a Jt-580 Lo Pro. I started a thread in the other Import room asking if the JT - 590 Schaller can be swapped for the JT-580 Lo Pro. Noone knows this for certain on the entire internet- trust me, I've looked till I'm blue in the face. From my experience, it CANNOT! But theres always someone thats going to throw a monkey wrench in the thing- right now there is a Kelly on Ebay that someone put a Schaller JT-590 in place of the JT-580 Lo Pro. It was my understanding that certian Kellys came with the cheap JT-500, which was basically a cheaper JT-590 Schaller in diemnsions.Again, this shit is so confused and no one anywhere has ever bothered to assemle the correct data as to interchangability of Jackson Trems. Its another question whether theJT-580 Takeuchi can be swapped for the JT580 Lo Pro.Nowhere in the world is there ant definitive information as to whether this can be done. Again, in my experience, it cannot be done.There is no definitive info. on this, and if theres one thing this forum should do, somehow, somewhere is to determine once and for all what trems are interchangeable.Sorry to be a dick. Apologies.
          Last edited by MegloManiac; 09-10-2013, 05:27 AM.

Comment

There should be an entire goddamed forum about tremolos and swapping. If you underestimate this basic critical need, you are fucked.

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

first, if it was the square based jt580lp that ur body is routed for then it should fit(the 500/590) but im completely sure as ive never swapped to another lfr on a guitar. second, kinda silly to assume someone here bid on it as everyone here knows its a crap trem. do u think the only people that viewed that trem are people that saw ur link?

edit-the 580 will most likely stick out too far and if u have the square plate route the angled plate of the other 580/580lps will hit the back corners of the route. iirc most of the kelly std's had a square based 580lp but the ones that had the angled baseplates were takeuchi. the non takeuchi 580lp is a little narrower than the takeuchi plates. so i would think any jt580lp (with matchin base style)will work and is a better trem than the 500 by far.
                Last edited by jdr94; 09-09-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MegloManiac View Post
                  First, someone bid on the Peavey JT-500 I posted here. That was a rat ass thing to do, and I spit on whomever it was that did that to me . That would not have happened except some snake here saw this thread and the JT-500 I was considering getting and that wants a JT-500.
                  What a bogus forum that hasnt got this critical basic information down yet!
                  I'm not even going to ask you if you're retarded. You do know that the whole world can see ebay and not just this forum, right? Most people here would not want the cheap JT500, anyway. And if this is a bogus forum, why are you still here?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All people are here for you Toe, for you.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                    X