Removing jackson tuner logo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing jackson tuner logo's

Trying to find a product that will remove the logo.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Nail polish remover (acetone)?

Comment

I was going to say the same thing, nail polish remover. Or just plain Jane rubbing alcohol. I've gotten some logos off of pickups with both.
      I have a Jackson and a Charvel and I play one in each hand.

Comment

You can rub it out with a paint cleaner too like a automotive paint restoring wax or a MILD rubbing compound. Mild so you don't scratch the paint. Paint thinner or nail polish remover may go right through or damage the paint where as a polish just polishes it.

Comment

Just curious here, why? :think:
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I am going to venture a guess that he's probably going to use them on a non Jackson guitar and doesn't want the Jackson logo on them.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Aren't they just stickers with a round transparent base? I can't recall having experienced painted-on logos for the tuners? See if the edges will peel away first.
              Last edited by shreddermon; 09-03-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Aren't they just stickers with a round transparent base? I can't recall having experienced painted-on logos for the tuners? See if the edges will peel away first.
                I always thought they were stickers as well.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Looks like a silk screen to me and yes they are going on another guitar.
                  Acetone is a no go I would think.
                  Donovan rubbing compound sounds like a good idea.Thanks.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I can peel those stockers off using a thumbnail, not that there's any reason for me to do so. Otherwise, gently push them off with a knife, screwdriver or pair of scissors.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                    X