How to silence noisy external PSU's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to silence noisy external PSU's?

I've traced the subtle noise in the room to the external PSU's (transformers) of my Roland/Boss gear. It would appear none of them have any ferrite capsules either side of the PSU block. Are snap-on ferrite capsules a real solution, or is there anything better I should buy?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Ironically, the PSU that came with my GT-10 is silent. The PSU's that came with my GR-55 and GT-100 buzz. I've asked Furman if they can come up with something better.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Make sure your power cables do not cross signal cables. I realize this can seem impossible, but do what you can there.

As well, you might want to see about spacing them out further on the power strip. Again, that's next to impossible since 3 wall warts take up an 8-slot strip easily, but, do what you can there.

Or, take yer chances and crack them open and line them with shielding foil tape.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My Furman has two isolated inlets banks (each has 5 outlets). Is it worth using both PSU's on seperate banks of outlets?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Can't hurt to try.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No difference. Same noise coming from PSU's. Guess Roland don't make em like they used to.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
            X