Titanium Floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium Floyd?

I am a lefty and right now Floyd Rose is not making the titanium Floyd Rose for left handed players. I saw Phil Collen using a floyd rose original but he had the titanium saddles on his new sig. model. I can get the saddles for $300.00 bucks. The trem unit costs $900.00 for a righty. Does anybody think it's worth the $300.00 bucks to get the saddles only or should I just wait it out until they release the lefty? Which by the way they have no timetable of said release.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Is it worth it to you?

Personally, I think people are crazy paying that much for a Floyd.

I think they should make a Floyd Rose out of meteor iron. Maybe I'd buy one of those.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Adam Reiver sells the best units at FU Tone.com and the units be it left or right start off as a standard OFR and are then upgraded to Ti saddles screws etc.

Keep in mind however that the base plate REMAINS STOCK so your option to just buy the saddles is perfectly okay.

Its a killer upgrade rest assured!

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
        Adam Reiver sells the best units at FU Tone.com and the units be it left or right start off as a standard OFR and are then upgraded to Ti saddles screws etc.

Keep in mind however that the base plate REMAINS STOCK so your option to just buy the saddles is perfectly okay.

Its a killer upgrade rest assured!
        Thanks for the input but the prices at that site are crazy! $795.00 for just the saddles? The whole bridge in titanium is only $900.00. I can get the saddles from musicians friend for $299.99.
        http://www.fu-tone.com/catalog/index...roducts_id=181 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...serts-set-of-6 Also has anyone played or heard a Titanium Floyd in person and is there that much of a difference?
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 08-19-2013, 01:45 AM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          Also has anyone played or heard a Titanium Floyd in person and is there that much of a difference?
          If you spend $900 on a Floyd, even if you don't notice much of a difference, you will notice a big difference. The psychology of spending that much will leave most justifying their purchase, regardless of how much real improvement (if any). I'm fairly confident a good EQ can negate that difference.

But who am I? Someone who would never pay that, even though I'm often guilty of spending too much money for something...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            If you spend $900 on a Floyd, even if you don't notice much of a difference, you will notice a big difference. The psychology of spending that much will leave most justifying their purchase, regardless of how much real improvement (if any). I'm fairly confident a good EQ can negate that difference.

But who am I? Someone who would never pay that, even though I'm often guilty of spending too much money for something...
            Like I said all that's available to me is the saddles because I am left handed and they're $299.99 so I can't even get the whole bridge.
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 08-19-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              Is it worth it to you?

Personally, I think people are crazy paying that much for a Floyd.

I think they should make a Floyd Rose out of meteor iron. Maybe I'd buy one of those.
              Adamantium Floyd!!!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                Adamantium Floyd!!!!! LOL
                ΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗ
                http://lostinhatred.tk

Comment

Working...
                X