Schaller Lockmeister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Lockmeister

Has anyone bought one of these latest schaller Lockmeister trems?
    Im trying to decide on which of the two types of schaller Trem to replace the JT580LP in my DK2M Bengal. There pretty much the same size base plates except the lockmeister has a hardended steel plate & uses the Original floyd type string lock screws. Im just a little concerned that the lock screws will rub on the rear of the route if i chose the lockmeister.
    It does say on the schaller website that shorter string lock screws can be requested for the lockmeister, Im wondering what these shorter screws look like, would they be like the ones on the Schaller floyd II or basically a shorter version of the standard Original floyd type screws. I have a brand new boxed Original Floyd Kit but i tested it in the route & do not like the gap it leaves on the sides of the plate. The schaller has a wider plate at 92mm that is why im looking at these versions as the gap wouldnt be as bad. I did put a Floyd II in my old WRMG but i cannot remember what it looked like does anyone have a photo of either of the schaller trems fitted in a JT580LP route to get a better idea on how it looks before i buy one. I spoke to schaller today & they confirmed either trem can be fitted to a jackson as i had heard rumours of intonation problems with the guitar being 25.5 Inch scale but they will both work.

The Lockmeister looks just like an OFR unit. Should be a straight swap with a JT580/JT580lp trem. I've done it on a couple guitars with no issues at all. The route is actually a little bigger than the OFR.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
    X