Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried a Duncan JB JR in the neck position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried a Duncan JB JR in the neck position?

I am thinking of trying a spare JB JR that I have in one of my single coil neck position slots.

Anyone tried this yet and what is your take please?

Not any help to ya, but I will say, I've strongly considered this many times. If you go for it, definitely let us know how it sounds.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I'm curious about the same with a JB.
      I guess one of us should jump in the water and see how it is.

Only testing platform for me at the moment is an 83 Kramer Pacer
      Deluxe someone modified.
      I'll try to get to it sometime but no promises.

Comment

My Kramer Stagemaster deluxe is hum single single config has a demon in the bridge a cool rail in the middle and a J.B. JR. in the neck. It sounds almost the same as a full size JB to me. Not much difference IMO.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

They sound close to a full sized JB. put it in and see how you like it.
          I did a strat for a guy and he wanted a JB jr in the neck and bridge and a Lil 59 in the middle.
          He loved it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The cool Rail is one of my favorite single coil sized neck pickups, and it sounds great tapped.

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            My Kramer Stagemaster deluxe is hum single single config has a demon in the bridge a cool rail in the middle and a J.B. JR. in the neck. It sounds almost the same as a full size JB to me. Not much difference IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
              The cool Rail is one of my favorite single coil sized neck pickups, and it sounds great tapped.
              Yeah it is one of my favorites for sure. A buddy of mine has one in a Fender Tele and it sounds incredible. That pick up strikes me as the type that would sound great in any guitar no matter where you put it.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I should mention he had to modify the pick guard though because it was just a little too big for the neck slot but he did it anyway and it sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                X