Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L.A. area J/C'ers - who does your repair work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A. area J/C'ers - who does your repair work?

Seems like a lot of you do your own work. I am not so inclined. Anybody know of a quality, affordable repair/set up guy in L.A., preferably Westside?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Do a Craigslist search for the luthier in Downey. Good pricing, skilled, and same day service. Ex-Charvel employee. If you want interesting guitar and industry stories he's the guy. I was a little skeptical at first so the first thing he worked in for me was a squier. He's setup all my Jackson's , Charvels, and my SG standard since.

Comment

^Any more info on this guy? I go to 13th Street Guitars but I want a Jackson/Charvel guy to work on my Custom Shops.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
        ^Any more info on this guy? I go to 13th Street Guitars but I want a Jackson/Charvel guy to work on my Custom Shops.
        His name is Dean. Like I said, do the CL search. He posts his # so call him and tell him what you got and what you want done. Prices are up front, work warrantied for 30 days. I'll drop off a new Craigslist purchase in the morning for a setup and usually pick it up the same day around lunch....with an appointment of course. I think once I had to pick up a my guitar at 5pm because he was busy that day. He'll talk Charvel all day with you if you have time.

Comment

That sounds good. Thanks.
          I would like to talk shop with somebody so that when I log on here, I know what the heck you guys are talking about!

Comment

Try this place-

http://www.ericsguitarshop.com/

This guy totally RAWKS. He does everything and his prices are pretty reasonable to boot. He's out in the valley, though...

Comment

Thanks. I took my Nuno out to some guy in the Valley. He will go unnamed. He was an abrasive tool. Not cheap, either.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                Thanks. I took my Nuno out to some guy in the Valley. He will go unnamed. He was an abrasive tool. Not cheap, either.
                Should have called Dean!!!

Comment

Working...
                X