Cost of painting a guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of painting a guitar.

Whats a good ballpark price on painting a model 5. Has chips on the neck and body

I am a fairly good painter...own all my own stuff.....cost me around 120.00 and do it myself in say 6hrs total. So say 25.00 per hr and cost of materials.....spending 300.00 is not bad...400.00 for a killer buff

Comment

Send an email to Mike Learn for a quote: www.learnguitars.com

Although his claim to fame is graphics, he'd be just as happy to do solid colors or just about anything else you can think of. Not sure what his current pricing is, but it was less than I expected considering he's a painter for the Custom Shop.

Plus, he's a one stop shop for fixing anything else that you might want to do. I sent him a Carvin that had a bunch chips/indentations and it came back looking brand new.

Comment

I used the painter that paints Thorn guitars. He completely sanded down to the wood. Because he's busy it was a four week wait. $260 for a solid pearl paint job. Excellent quality.

Comment

Lots of work involved in painting that most people don't realize.
          If you want good work you can expect to pay for it.
          I don't skimp when it comes to paint work get the best painter you can afford.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X