2008 US San dimas 4 digit serial number help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 US San dimas 4 digit serial number help

I got a US san dimas off a forum member.
    Guitar plays great.
    It has a 4 digit serial instead of a 6 digit.
    I read about the dealer rep guitars with the 4 digit CS plates.
    I contaced Charvel and they have no record of this guitar.
    Does any body have any info on them?
    Serial number is 8320

8305 on my chart was the first dealer rep guitar in 08.I don't see your number on there.Check busdrivers serial number list.
    I have 8339 which is listed as a dealer rep guitar from 08.
    Check the sticky at the top of the page and send Busdriver a pic of your guitar so he can put it on the list.
    Last edited by straycat; 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

thanks. Sent Busdriver the info. He will add at the next update. Can anyone give me some info on these dealer rep guitars?

Comment

These are the first ones made in a run and given to the company sales reps to show to the customers a new product. These in particular had the 4 digit serial numbers.Some people say these were made in the CS and given CS serialized neck plates. How true that is IDK for sure. Mine has a lot of flame in the neck front and back.Awesome guitar I can tell you that.From what I could find out from Jackson was most of these had no hang tags. Seems your does so thats pretty cool.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by straycat; 06-19-2013, 11:57 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro View Post
            thanks. Sent Busdriver the info. He will add at the next update. Can anyone give me some info on these dealer rep guitars?
            Mike McGregor wrote this about the "dealer rep guitars" somewhere here on this forum:

"They were right off the line. In fact, we couldn't wait to get them into reps hands... which is why we used the Custom Shop neck plates.
            There was no special set up. Even SO, there is no difference in those USA Production Model guitars with 4 digit vs. 6 digit.
            Also, they weren't just rep guitars... many of the first batch had 4 digits...due to a delay in receiving the 6 digit plates."

They are not Custom Shop guitars, but got a Custom Shop serial number. I added them to the list to fill the gaps. Also because many of their neckplates have been sold separately on Ebay.
            Last edited by busdriver; 06-20-2013, 03:06 AM.

Comment

What about the 05 it is from the custom shop right?
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

BTW IIRC busdriver is a she
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                  They are not Custom Shop guitars, but got a Custom Shop serial number.
                  This. I got one of the first Stars in '05 (2H, black with maple board, Floyd) and it had a 4-digit plate. 6768, if I recall.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

O5 are customs
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

It was a nice guitar, had a great oiled neck that was similar to Jackson's "speed neck" profile, but it was a production guitar. What exactly made them customs?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        It was a nice guitar, had a great oiled neck that was similar to Jackson's "speed neck" profile, but it was a production guitar. What exactly made them customs?
                        Fuck IDK your a mod, I was told by someone that the reissuse were custom shop..Tell and then I'm gonna fuck ya bro

Comment

Maybe they were, but I don't recall. I know they could be made to order and you had your choice of rosewood, ebony or maple fingerboard, choice of Floyd or V trem, and choice of pickup configuration (H, HH, HSS and I believe H/S). Maybe they were considered a semi-custom.

Comment

I thought they were made similar to the Jackson selects. this CS shit is just being put out there by people who want to jack up the prices. Iknow the rgf v trem that I used to have was 1445 new(I traced it back to the original owner on ebay) and I remember seeing the copperheads around 1700 new.

Comment

Pinties..

Comment

Working...
                              X