Painting the pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting the pickguard

My japanese Fusion's pickguard has many scratches and even regions that lost their "satin" finish due to the constant hits of the pick. I want to paint it the easy way with a spray can, the same color. Will I need to sand it first? primer? sand-polish after painting it?
    Or instead of painting it, it is possible to get back its "shine" just by polishing it?
    What would you recomend ?, I want it to look just like new.

It would be helpful to see some pics illustrating the problem.

I had a PG that the previous owner thought needed some carvings on it. I wet sanded the plastic until it had a uniform finish. I'm sure there are some good paints that out there but I'm sure they will peel or damage over time.
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

I hear Kryon fusion is amazing for painting on any plastic. You will need to sand to even the surface out so it doesn't look rough. Remember with any paint job spraying too thick a coat is bad so take your time and do it right.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Anything you spray with an enamel is going to have less ability to take the wear and tear of the pickguard plastic. You can buff out your pickguard carefully and remove the scratches.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
        X