Best fret pollish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fret pollish?

I'm lokin for the most effective without having to remove strings.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Never Dull works well if you have to leave the strings on.
    Won't harm the fingerboard either if its rosewood or ebony.
    Maple is a different story if the frets are grungy the tarnish will end up on the maple fingerboard.
    That is one way I dirty up a fingerboard if I want it to look used.
    Scotch brite pad works too. go with the grain of the wood with either product.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm using Fast Fret but am not convinced by it.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

+1 scotch brite, use the softer ones. the more abrasive ones will leave grooves

Comment

Never dull works great if you tend to sweat a lot and your strings rust up quickly

Comment

I've never seen that here in the UK.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Have you tried Gorgomyte?

I love the stuff.

Comment

Gorgomyte and Flitz have been my polishes of choice for light clean up. I use some 3m stuff and stick polishes on frets when I can get the neck on a buffer.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Fast fret isn't really a fret polish at all, it's intended purpose is to clean and lubricate the strings. You are supposed to use it on the strings after playing, then wipe them down with the included cloth. It helps them last a little longer and makes things more slippery.

I've bought a few of the Dunlop fingerboard maintenance kits and they come with a super fine polishing cloth, similar to an emery cloth. They are washable so the have a pretty long lifespan. My only complaint is they only give you a three inch square of it, so it can be tough to grab. It does a great job, I'll typically give all the frets a quick rub with the cloth every string change and it keeps then looking good. When I got my Squire Hello Kitty Strat the frets were pretty corroded. Probably from the journey out of the cave in the middle of the rainforest in Malaysia or wherever the hell it was made. Anyway, it got them looking bright and clean really quick with minimal effort.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Gorgomyte is what I use.

Get off your lazy ass and pull the string

Comment

I push them aside to get at the frets but I don't remove them.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Gorgomyte is what I use.

Get off your lazy ass and pull the string
                        I didn't notice the part about not removing strings when I suggested Gorgomyte.

I'm with Don, pull the damn strings off!

Comment

Much easier to do a better cleaning with the strings off.Hell the whole neck for that matter.
                          A guy contacted me for a complete set up and a good cleaning and he freaked when I told him I needed to take the neck off because it wasn't seated correctly in the neck pocket.
                          He said thats how the factory put it on so it must be right.LOL whatever buddy OK but I can't do the job right if you won't let me.
                          Last edited by straycat; 06-08-2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            I've bought a few of the Dunlop fingerboard maintenance kits and they come with a super fine polishing cloth, similar to an emery cloth. They are washable so the have a pretty long lifespan. My only complaint is they only give you a three inch square of it, so it can be tough to grab. It does a great job, I'll typically give all the frets a quick rub with the cloth every string change and it keeps then looking good. When I got my Squire Hello Kitty Strat the frets were pretty corroded. Probably from the journey out of the cave in the middle of the rainforest in Malaysia or wherever the hell it was made. Anyway, it got them looking bright and clean really quick with minimal effort.
                            This is what I do.^^
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

+1 on the gorgomyte.

I cheat with the strings. All my guitars have floyds so I leave the strings locked in and pull the bridge. If you use it when you change strings all you have to do is rub the board down after playing to keep it looking nice.

You can use it on maple boards if they have a lacquer finish.
                              Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
                              2007 Jackson DK2M
                              1983 Kramer Pacer Special
                              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
                              2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Working...
                              X