Pickup wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup wiring question

Let me first preface this by saying that I am new to swapping pickups and soldering. I successfully swapped a pickup in a Strat I got recently, in part to practice soldering and gain a basic understanding of things before I tinker with any of my more expensive guitars. Everything went as planned and I am fairly confident in my soldering ability now. I plan on swapping the JB in the bridge of SL2H soon.

I'm looking at the electronics in my SL2H and comparing it to a diagram from Seymour Duncan's website for a 2 Hum, 1 Vol, 1 Tone to gain an understanding of how it is currently wired before swapping anything, and my SL2H doesn't seem to match the schematic. Both the neck and bridge pickups are soldered to the tone pot rather than the volume pot. Is this normal? If I am looking at the schematic correctly, they should both be soldered to the volume pot instead. Everything sounds fine, so I assume this is an acceptable way of wiring, but would it sound any different if the pickups were soldered to the volume pot?

Thanks in advance!

Both pots have a mutual ground, so I don't think it matters.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Darn, coulda had fun with him by saying you have to solder the bridge pickup's ground to the volume pot and the neck ground to the tone

We'll save that one for whoever asks about using a DiMarzio and Duncan in the same guitar :p
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

As longs as both grounds go to a ground its fine.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X