Inzane decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inzane decals

I know some of you get a little ill at the thought of applying a decal to the front of your guitar but trust me when I say, my experience with Inzane decals has been great from the start.
    in late January I ordered a guitar kit. a "5150" kit or Kramer 84 reissue kit. I was trying to figure out what to do with the body. air brush, custom paint shop, or stencil my own design. I ran across Inzane decals and the designs blew my mind! Not only could I have a custom design that I loved but it didn't require a ton of skill to apply.
    If you have a super player guitar but it looks like it escaped from the wrong end of a wood chipper, using one of these decals could make it a great looking guitar as well.
    Do yourself a favor and check out the customer gallery on their site. http://www.inzanedecals.com/gallery.php My guitar is the orange tiger stripe but all the guitars are displaying Inzane decals.

by the way, I don't work for Inzane and they didn't ask me to advertise for them. Like other things I've shared on this site, they worked out really well and I'm just passing on info.
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Oh yeah?

Comment

Nice. Are they "get it right the first time or you're stuck with it" as far as positioning goes, or is it "trim-to-fit"?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks like they are trim to fit on some, but once it's one, IT'S ON!
        The tutorial looks pretty straight forward.

I'm very tempted to try one on an import Dinky I have that needs facelift.
        -Rick

Comment

Looks like a viny wrap as used on boats and cars. I was wondering how those would work on a guitar. Pretty good apparently

Comment

Yeah, the guy's "Paint Yer Guitar With Rattlecan" thing was pretty straightforward, too. Of course he'd been doing it for 20+ years
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

The decal is more of a thick vinyl sticker. i though it was like shrink wrapping at first but once i got it I was surprised how heavy duty it is. There were some parts of his How To guide that I skipped like smoothing the edges by making a burst effect. maybe with some patterns but not mine. a hard edge worked perfectly fine.

Currently Shredding:
              2007 Jackson DK2M
              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Might check into the Custom feature, see if they can print stuff of my own design for a WR body.

Comment

I think it's great that he recommends your local graphics/detailer if you have your own graphic made already.

Comment

Really? Didn't read that far into it, just glanced it over.

Only trouble with that is (at least if it's paint) the local guy may not know how to prep the body, especially if it's just going over existing paint. And decal printing on a local level could present quality-of-color/longevity/wear issues. There are specific prosumer-level printers for this type of stuff (I have one, but not the decal material), and there are printers that can "squeak by".

Guess I'll have to go back to my original plan: hunt down the right material for my printer (DesignJet90).

Comment

FedEx office by my house has the proper printer and quality decal material to do this.
                      -Rick

Comment

I think the reason he suggests a local printing house is because of cost. I lucked up with my custom job and just needed a different color than he offered. Easiest thing to do is email him and see what he has going on. if it's gonna be expensive he'll let you know. you can also ask him about the quality of the decal material and what you would need to use. he's a busy guy but was always willing to work with me.

Currently Shredding:
                        2007 Jackson DK2M
                        2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

You can get any large format printer with a solvent based printer to cut and print a design for you. The stuff is the same .02mm vinyl that most of the lick em and stick em guitar graphics guys use. Be real careful what you use to clear over that stuff with. Always use a test panel.
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                          X