drilling a hole for a groundwire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drilling a hole for a groundwire

As posted in the USA Charvel section, I'm putting new p'ups in my CS Star. The issue is this: going from active Blackouts to passive Gus G Fires. Got everything wired up and soldered except for the ground wire which is gonna be a bear: There is no channel for it so, I have to drill a hole thru to the spring cavity. Therein lies the conundrum- how to go about it. Specifically, where. Can't really get a decent angle w/the drill gun and the only available spot seems to be where it would come out at the rear of the trem spring cavity thus, having a shit-load of ground wire exposed in the spring cavity. Trying to think of solutions that would eliminate the possibility of getting ground wire caught in trem springs. Glue or staple the ground wire to the bottom corner of the cavity out of the way of the springs?

Why not drill right under the bridge pickup directly down? Seems like a good solution and easier not to nick the paint on her.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I have grounded a few to the trem post studs.
      Easiest way is to drill from the electronics cavity to the upper part of the trem cavity so the ground wire comes out right by the spring claw.
      I use a right angle adapter for a dremel tool.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It seems I missed that there IS a ground wire hole drilled from one cavity to the other. To be fair, the cavity is roughed out and then sprayed black which, in the less-than-stellar light of my man-cave laboratory, makes for perfect camouflage for that damned hole.
        Ah well. Many thanks for the suggestions. The p'ups are in, the wiring is sound and the guitar works just fine now. All's well that ends well.

Comment

Working...
        X