Need replacement saddles for JT-580LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need replacement saddles for JT-580LP

Does anyone know who sells replacement saddles for the low profile tremolo? I keep running into small problems with the saddles on my Dinky. On one, the bolt snapped flush with the saddle. I was able to search the parts bin at my local guitar shop and found the correct saddle. Last night the saddle itself stripped out while restringing. The bolt didn't strip, the saddle threads failed. I'm royally pissed because I have a gig tomorrow and will have to use my backup guitar as my main and a beater as a backup, neither have tremolos and 6 of 8 leads require tremolo, so I'll be improvising.

I am wanting to replace with new across the board seeing that the Jackson is a Professional Dinky XL which is pushing 20 years, and I use, scratch that abuse the tremolo quite frequently.

Are the saddles made of a metal that can be rethreaded? Might also be a good idea to try and get some stainless bolts, but don't want to have the bolts cause electrolysis with the saddles making the saddles deteriorate.

Nice tremolos, but made of inferior materials.

Man find a OFR it's a direct replacement and will take the abuse. It'll look weird but it fits and works unless it's a dark color then it isn't noticeable. The Floyd specials aren't bad either for the price
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

There are tons of 580LPs on Ebay. Some places sell the individual saddles.

But yeah, I'd shell out the money on an OFR or Schaller, or even the FRT thing that comes on ProMods (1000? 2000? whatever)
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X