Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Floyd setup (possibly dumb lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Floyd setup (possibly dumb lol)

So I bought an OFR from Warmoth and it arrived yesterday. I'm replacing the JT580-LP in my DK2. Dumb question, but should I set the saddles up before I drop it in? Do you think it will save me time intonating the guitar? It arrived with all the saddles lined up straight (see picture below)

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

I would. You can typically eyeball the intonation and adjust the saddles to a ballpark range. Then fine tweak and be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
      I would. You can typically eyeball the intonation and adjust the saddles to a ballpark range. Then fine tweak and be all set.
      +1. There's a basic 'Z' pattern that the saddles go in that will get you fairly close by eyeballing it. Look at your old JT-580LP and set the new one in the same manner.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

That's what I was thinking. The intonation on the old JT was almost perfect, so I'll match up the OFR, plop 'er in and give 'er
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
        X