Jackson neck onto an ESP/LTD V50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson neck onto an ESP/LTD V50?

I know this sounds nuts but I'm sure crazier ideas have been posted here. I have a LTD V50 (the King V variant) and I want to put a ebony Jackson neck w/ the standard white shark fin inlays and a non reverse head stock. My LTD has already had some money put in it so that's of no concern to me. Also I cannot afford the King V I would like so this seems like a fair compromise. I'm almost making a "Franken-V" if you will. My current neck is a bolt on 24 fret maple with a rosewood fingerboard. No Floyd either(string thru). I'm not 100% serious about this yet, just looking to get ideas on where I could hunt an already made Jackson neck or have one made.

The first issue that pops to mind for me is the unbearably low number of non-Floyd Jacksons for you to pick a neck from.
    Then trying to find one with an ebony fretboard, you have a helluva challenge ahead of you.
    Then it's a question of neck pocket dimensions.

Basically, as long as the scale lengths are the same, it is feasible it would work, though it may take some modification.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

you will have to do some work. I did this to a Jackson 93 xl neck on a mh201 body. esp neck pockets are rounder.

Comment

They do have the roller nuts designed to replace the floyd nut or just run the floyd nut without the locks on it.
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
        X