Grounding/interference issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding/interference issue.

I have a small tube amp I use in my make shift studio. When running any pedals in line, especially OD or distortion pedals it snaps and pops even when they are turned off. It also picks up some weird radio stations faintly. I have heard these types of pedals may be suspect to doing this. Take the pedals out and run direct it's perfectly quiet. Is there an inexpensive , small , point of power connection grounding/conditioner unit that would get rid of this? I have a decent power conditioning unit I run my other stuff to but it's a hassle to run cords all over the place to get to where the best place this amp sits in the room.

You could start by trying some contact cleaner in the inputs and outputs of the pedals in question. Cheap, and something that you should have laying around anyways.

Comment

Thanks, after looking at one of them ( an old vintage Ross distortion) , I went and did it to them all. Yeah, were all good there. One of these pedals is a new Maxon. Five different ones all do the weird snapping. Cables don't matter which ones I use. I ran it to an outlet in another room with a long extension cord and it was all ok. I just have some weird current in the wall outlets in this room for some reason. I guess I start with some small power conditioner.

Comment

Working...
      X