Inter changeable necks imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter changeable necks imports?

I took an RR3 COMPLETELY apart a few years ago, and have finally sat down and am reassembling it. I hate the no binding on the neck, and I have a DK2 sitting around that I don't really use anymore. I was wondering if I could swap the necks without much trouble? I am having a hard time telling if it would keep it the scale length. They are both 25.5 scale lengths, but as far as I can tell, the necks themselves are the same length, meaning its not like you are just adding one two frets to the end. But I also read if they are like fastened in different locations relative to the bottom of the neck, they might be alright to swap. I guess I am asking if anyone here has swapped a DK2 neck onto an RR3 before. Also, if it will cause "intonation issues" are they something that can be reintonated like be adjustment, or will changing the scale length like that ultimately screw up the intonation permanently?
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

As long as both necks have 24 frets you should be OK.
    Just make sure the neck is all the way in the pocket.Not sure if the mounting holes will line up tho'.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

RR3-22 frets, DK2-24 frets,the mount holes & pocket/heel probably don't match either, so without modding it's likely not to work. Give it a go, you've got nothing to lose.

I too wish mine had binding, it's the one thing missing on the RR3, but it's such a awesome git that i'm not overly concerned.

Comment

Okay, so the mounting holes and such would be off, that is what I was looking for. I didn't want to remove the neck from my DK-2 if I didn't have to. But damn :/ I really wish I could have the bound 24 fret reverse headstock on there :/ oh well lol.
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

An early DK-1 neck will work. Bound ebony 22 fret neck. Good luck getting one on the cheap though.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yeah, that's the one model that got left out in the cold. I'm greatly surprised the RR3 lived for so long, given the complete low-endedness of the specs. Should never have been a Pro model, imo, at least not unless it got binding.

Wasn't there a 22-fret KE import with binding and fins? IIRC the KV3 had binding.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Swapping a 22 fret neck for a 24 will not work with out modding the neck pocket.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X