replacing saddle on Jackson/Charvel licensed Schaller Floyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing saddle on Jackson/Charvel licensed Schaller Floyds

Im sure I'm beating a dead horse or whatever, but you know how the forum's search function can be.

I have a Charvel with a JT590, really Im not sure. Its a fusion with a Charvel licensed Floyd stamped "Made in Germany by Schaller" on one side.

Well the B saddle broke when I torqued the screw too tight and I bought one of these from American Guitar Supply....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1810491951...84.m1439.l2649

Well the saddle doesn't fit. The back part of the saddle is raised up, it doesnt sit flat on the trem like the one that came on the trem.

here's a picture of the saddle from another string, as it sits flat like I need.

IMG_0797.JPG

Am I looking for the wrong saddle?

Try to find OFR part without angled string lock side of the saddle.

http://www.rockinger.com/index.php?c...4cca97ab241a3c

Comment

Thats weird that it doesn't fit. Thought the saddles were basically the same on both trems it was only the base plate and lock screws that were different between the two. Can you take a pic with the new saddle installed so we can see whats going on?
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I didnt take a picture of it installed, but when I installed it, it essentially raised the B string up to unusable heights above the other strings. The saddle won't sit flat, so when installed the back part of it falls back and raises the string upwards.

Comment

The one you got off of eBay looks like and aftermarket saddle. The pivot pin should be silver, not black.
          Did it come in a Schaller package?
          -Rick

Comment

no. And I sent it back to American Guitar Supply and got a message that said basically, "all the saddles look like this one, I can't help you"

So I'm hoping I just hooked up with a crap dealer.

Comment

StewMac sells new ones, and they come in packs of 6, so you can't go wrong! Those guys know what they're doing!
              "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
              '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
              '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
              '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
              '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Any low saddled should work.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You can get individual schaller saddles from Allparts or Harris Teller. Altho HT doenst sell to the public so you gotta go thru a dealer like GC or Ash.
                  Gil

Comment

Working...
                  X