Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion Pro humbucker swap, need wiring help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Pro humbucker swap, need wiring help!

OK, I just got a Fusion PRO for a buddy of mine, and he doesn't like the stock bridge hum. He bought an Invader to put in there and wants me to wire it up for him.
    First, can I just wire it up to the active midboost circuit?
    If not, I can take the circuit out, and just wire up normal pots, but what value do I use for the Invader + the 2 Jackson single coils?

Thanks for any help guys!
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

The Jackson single coils ONLY work with the active circuit. Actually they are passive and as such do work on their own but sound like total crap without the circuit.

The SD will work perfectly with the circuit.

I had a Model 6 a few years back and installed a Full Shred and kept the rest of the stuff stock and it was just fine.

If you plan on keeping the single coils, you pretty much need the circuit. If however you decide to scrap the circuit AND singel coils and use the SD and some new (read-better) single coils I would go with 250K pots all around.

Good luck!
    Last edited by vklobucar; 04-21-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X