DiMarzio Pup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio Pup question

Got an X2N feeding for a split second after muting. I know it's a hot pickup, but never had this problem before. Thought maybe it was the springs, but I put tubing on them, still didn't work. Pulled the pickup and put in another guitar and same issue, so I know its the pup. Re-pot maybe? Broken winding? Really unsure :think:
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

May be a bad coil link connection. (the black and white wires) Dosconnect them and resolder together. Also make sure the shielding wire is grounded properly.
    Gil

Comment

Is it a new pickup or old. It's probably microphonic and needs repotting. Many of my old dimarzios have gone microphonic.

Comment

Re-soldered already, no help. Grounds are good, no hum. It's barely overcoming the gate at stage volume, and just enough to piss me off. Not a full screaming microphone, but just a bit, which makes me wonder. The pickup is fairly new, black/cream, only about 4-5 years old. Love this one too. Going to re-pot it on a hot plate next week and if I don't melt it I'll see what happens. Thanks guys, wish me luck.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Good luck bro, I'm thinking about picking up an x2n for my wr1...invaders not quite doing it for me and I love the x2n in my Schuldiner stealth...
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

Playing through a rack preamp or head? My 1101 will get a slight squeal on certain high-gain patches, which seemed odd to me, but then realized it was getting interference from the ADA MP1 it was sitting under.

Other than that, I'd say sweat may have corroded the wax potting around the coils somewhat.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Playing through several heads. I run a Line6 a lot, and use the built in effects. The Marshall I practice on makes it scream more, no gate, compressor, etc. Makes no difference if tube or solid, same thing. I haven't waxed it yet, been busy, but I'll get to it soon. Building my own Frankenstein, and might have another pup q soon. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X