Re Wiring My USA Pro Mod San Dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Wiring My USA Pro Mod San Dimas

I have a USA San Dimas from 2009. I'm rewiring the original pick ups back in it and I'm struggling to remember how they go. Seymour Duncan's website is only semi-helpful as it doesn't account for the additional wires from the pick up cavities.

Does anyone have a pic of their original wiring? I'm particularly confused by the two black wires coming from the pick up cavities. I can't remember where they went.

Right now, I touch the switch and it buzzes bad and very little if any sound comes out of the pick ups. I think it's a ground loop problem but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

From the pickups or from the trem cavity? Blacks from 2H configured pups connect to the toggle. The black from the trem goes on the back of the pot as an earth.

If its 2h with a toggle and 1 vol:

Black jack ground goes to back of pot, white from jack goes to middle of three contacts on pot.
    Single contact at end of toggle goes to ground on back of pot, two middle contacts (Of four in total) joined and white goes to left contact of pot.
    Third contact of pot is soldered to back of pot and grounded.
    From Pickups - Black from each goes to either left or right contact respectively (of Four contact) of toggle. Green and bare, shielding wire goes to ground on back of pot. Red and white are obselete, soldering together and taped back.

Also your trem should be grounded to back of pot with a earth wire.

Or this....http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...matic=2h_1v_3w

Also if you cold solder it can buzz, heat up the component and melt the solder onto it when it's hot enought.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it!

There are two black wires that are connected to the guitar inside of the cavities for the pick ups. These run into the control cavity. I'm having trouble remembering where they go. Maybe they just need to be grounded, although I forget how Charvel had it wired in the first place.

Comment

Anything black that doesn't come from from a pickup is a ground.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What Newc said.

Comment

Working...
          X