Rewiring Jackson SDX!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewiring Jackson SDX!!

Well, not quite but close. I put EMG's in my SDX. I was working on another project and figured I'd put the stock SDX pups into this project guitar. Problem is, when I use a duncan or dimarzio diagram I get some wicked hum out of the pups. As I understand the single coils are noiseless so the whole set up should be pretty quiet. I am using one volume and one tone. 500K pots and 5 way, everything that came out of the SDX. I should have not de-soldered everything, what a bonehead move!! Anyone know the correct wiring?

Thanks,

Pat

I have one at work. I can take a look when I have a chance. Unless someone chimes in before then

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      I have one at work. I can take a look when I have a chance. Unless someone chimes in before then
      That would be awesome, thanks.

Comment

Tries to email Jackson. No response, big surprise there!!!

Comment

OK I took a look under the hood of the SDX I have at work. And the bridge pup wires are as follows. Green and white together. red is hot black is ground with shield.
          red goes to lug one on switch.
          white from middle pup goes to lug 2 on switch.
          white from neck lug 3.
          All blacks are grounds. lugs 4 and 5 of switch soldered together to link both siodes of switch then that to volume control left lug.
          Hope that helps.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            OK I took a look under the hood of the SDX I have at work. And the bridge pup wires are as follows. Green and white together. red is hot black is ground with shield.
            red goes to lug one on switch.
            white from middle pup goes to lug 2 on switch.
            white from neck lug 3.
            All blacks are grounds. lugs 4 and 5 of switch soldered together to link both siodes of switch then that to volume control left lug.
            Hope that helps.
            Gil
            Thank you!!

Comment

Glad to help. Let us know if u get it working. Btw the color code fir the humbucker is the same as Gibson.

Comment

Let us know if you get it figured out.
                Sounds to me like a ground issue.Maybe the pick up hot lead wire is touching something it shouldn't at the switch.
                The wires are really fine and its easy to have one hairline strand get out of place when soldering.
                Did you get the jumper lead on the switch in the right place?.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X