Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALPHA 3-way Lever Switch

Hi folks,

I am putting together a nice superstrat with an explorer neck but I am struggling with figuring out the wiring.

The guitar body is loaded with a single coil in the neck position and a humbucker in the bridge, 1 volume, 1 tone and the dreaded ALPHA 3-way!

It has all of the connectors/lugs in a row on the bottom of the switch casing.

So, before I go get a new multimeter, I just wondered if anyone happened to have a handy wiring diagram just lying around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    BPK

Try this. Typically those style switches are wired like this. Terminals left to right 43211234.
    4 not used 3 is neck pup and soldered to 2 1 soldered to 1 then to volume pot left lug. 2 soldered to 3 bridge pup on 3 and 4 not used.

Comment

I found this on ibanez website. just swap out th pup styles for what you have. Assuming the pups ur using are 2 conductor.
      http://www.ibanez.com/support/wiringdiagrams
      Gil

Comment

Alpha 3 way

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
        Try this. Typically those style switches are wired like this. Terminals left to right 43211234.
        4 not used 3 is neck pup and soldered to 2 1 soldered to 1 then to volume pot left lug. 2 soldered to 3 bridge pup on 3 and 4 not used.
        thanks for the help when the guitar comes back from neck works I'll post a picture (somehow) and let you know how the wiring went!

bpk

Comment

Working...
        X