Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing locking blocks for old Schaller...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing locking blocks for old Schaller...

I just made an awesome pawn shop score on a Fusion Custom and it's missing two of the little blocks that lock the strings into the saddles. Will OFR blocks work?
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Sure.

Pictures?

Comment

I'll post some later from home. I've been absent from here for awhile, I actually have 5 NGD's to post. I got off into the acoustic thing pretty heavy.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

OFR blocks or LFR blocks will do just fine - just buy them from a reputable seller eg Stew-Mac. Some of the cheaper ones are made of softer metal and they strip easier than Jenna Jameson.

I always keep a bunch of those things in my guitar toolbox!

Comment

I think he's just replacing the blocks, not the saddles.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Comment

My Charvel Fusion Deluxe is the same color. Cool guitar.

Comment

Thanks Don, it's almost purple when the light hits it certain ways. It's a pretty color. I'm thinking it may be a keeper...I like it better than the Model 2 and 7 that I had. I think I like the earlier decal better than the toothpaste, but it's starting to grow on me.

Comment

I wonder if they call this color Cobalt Blue?

I like mine too. My neck has a big fatty slab of dark rosewood.

Comment

I have a Fusion Custom, great player for the money, but I have never been able to look past the fugly toothpaste logo. I wish they'd never done it!

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
                        I have a Fusion Custom, great player for the money, but I have never been able to look past the fugly toothpaste logo. I wish they'd never done it!
                        I asked about the toothpaste vs. guitar logo. It seems a lot of member do like the older logo, but then they prefer the better features that come with the toothpaste logo (locking nut instead of behind the nut string lock, Schaller made JT-590 trem).

Comment

Working...
                        X