Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find non pre-cut dunlop SS fretwire, and maple veneer for a V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find non pre-cut dunlop SS fretwire, and maple veneer for a V?

Looking for uncut SS fretwire per requested by 'my guy'. He would rather radius the wire since it's a compound radius.

And I need veneer for a V job I'm working on, looking for two pieces that are 20" tall and at least 8" wide.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I ordered my SS fretwire from Allparts.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Doesn't Stewmac sell SS frets?

Comment

No, Stewmac refuses to carry the stuff.

I get stuff from Allparts as well, but I like the wire that LMI carries better. Although I will say that Allparts has more size variety than LMI. Allparts sells it in straight lenths, LMI sells in a coil.

As far as tops go, I usually get mine from Northridge Hardwoods Luke is a great guy and will get larger sizes for you, you just need to ask.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
          No, Stewmac refuses to carry the stuff.

I get stuff from Allparts as well, but I like the wire that LMI carries better. Although I will say that Allparts has more size variety than LMI. Allparts sells it in straight lenths, LMI sells in a coil.

As far as tops go, I usually get mine from Northridge Hardwoods Luke is a great guy and will get larger sizes for you, you just need to ask.

Sully
          Thanks. I contacted Luke, looks like that will work. And looks like All parts carries the SS i need! Cheers.

Comment

You bet. Also found out that Jescar now sells SS wire - Gonna check them out because their frets are awesome.
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You bet. Also found out that Jescar now sells SS wire - Gonna check them out because their frets are awesome.
              Arg, they only sell by the pound..

Comment

Nevermind, got 5 feet!

Comment

Man was I pissed the one time I ordered fretwire from LMI and it came in a coil. What the hell man, not Ive gotta straighten it, just to re-radius it! Ill never order wire from them again.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I order from them often; I just run it through my fret bender and it takes care of it for me.
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                    X