Kahler clutch burned out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler clutch burned out?

So I've got a vintage Kahler 2300/Pro/cam type trem. The arm on it is loose and clunky. I've tested a different arm from a working config, and the issue follows the trem and not the arm. I've experimented with adjusting the clutch, and it doesn't seem to have any effect. I can tighten it down as tight as I dare go, but the arm is still clunky as hell. That clutch assembly doesn't look to be serviceable in any way. Is my only option here to replace that cam itself? That damn part runs $99 on Wammi World. Any other ideas? Note that I'm not a big fan of ghetto fixes like thread seal tape, etc.

Cam, clutch... a trem is not supposed to be made from car parts!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wouldn't mind except it is running like a Yugo instead of a Ferrari right now!

Comment

Without air conditioning?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

check the springs in the back of the trem. maybe the adjustment screw is actually cracked? Kahlers....there is a diagram for kahlers online somewhere, it was very helpful when i serviced a kahler pro a few years back.

Comment

Also, have you tried adjusting the cam's tension using an Allen wrench in the hole next to the term hole? One of them fixes tension (same on the Kahler Flyers, I had one that was "stuck" in the full pull-up position. I watched Gary Kahler's YouTube video and that adjustment fixed it right up).

Comment

Working...
            X