The jt580lp trem??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The jt580lp trem??????????

Hey Dudes how's it going? I was curious what some of you really thought of this Trem? What are the "Main" Issues with it? I have it on my Kelly & to be Honest it really NEVER goes out of tune. I hear in some Threads about it not staying in tune Etc. Mine also has the Takeuchi Block (Don't know if that is much better than the "Standard" Block for this Trem or ?) Does the 580 have a different metal content in it over the years? My Kelly is a mid 90's? I am wanting to try a Brass Block in it...Anyone do this on this Trem? How much did it change your Sound? Is it really worth to put the Block in? I would love to put a Real Floyd on my Kelly (I have one in my Focus) but after doing some reading I don't think it will look to good after being installed & the way it's routed out for the 580? Any info Etc would be appreciated! Take It Easy.....

Last edited by axe dude; 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Thanks for moving it for me Dude...Sorry
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/

Comment

Hmmm i thought the takeuchi blocks had the bars that screw into the block? Guess there were different versions or maybe that was only on the jt580. I like the 580lp trems. Ive never had an issue. Sorry i cant help with any of the other questions, but have you checked out audiozone.dk they have a section on jackson trems....hold on...here you go
      http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Oh and i can say that a floyd will not fit the 580lp route. Alot of people swear by the brass blocks although i havent personally tried one. Your kelly is probably around '97. Im sure racerX could help you date it if you provide a serial number

Comment

Thanks Dude! Yeah I checked it out awhile ago...With the Reverse Sharks its a 96'-97'. Yeah Audiozone has all the info you could ever ask for! I think I will give the Brass Block a try & see what's up! The thing with the Takeuchi Block is Jackson did the Screw spacing in a few different sizes. No biggie you just can't run any "Standard" Block on it. Thanks Again Dude!
          Last edited by axe dude; 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

No issues with mine. Good trem.

Comment

I have no problem with the ones I have. They are both the squared plate type from the mid 90s. Both stay in tune forever. One in a Kelly XL and one on my Model 6 that has a brass block. Never played the Model 6 before the block so can't compare before and after though.
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                Oh and i can say that a floyd will not fit the 580lp route.
                An OFR will fit in a 580lp route. I've done it myself and the article you linked to shows a picture of an OFR in a 580lp route. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                  An OFR will fit in a 580lp route. I've done it myself and the article you linked to shows a picture of an OFR in a 580lp route. :think:
                  Yes, plenty of people here have fit an OFR in a JT580LP route. Maybe there have been instances where one wouldn't fit?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm guess im mistaken. For some reason i thought it would fit a jt580 route but not the jt580lp

Comment

Yeah looking @ the Original Floyd in the 580 route...It does not look that bad?? I mean if your not to ANAL (Like me! LOL) you can deal with the "Space" on the sides other than that if an OF will fit I think down the road I will put one in for sure! \m/

Comment

I may be completely off on this but isn't there a bigger and a smaller route for the 580LP? I know the one on my '94 Kelly with the squared off plate is smaller (like an OFR route) but I thought there was two different size routes for the angled plate ones. I swear someone recently posted a Schaller (JT590) in an angled JT580LP route that didn't have all the space around the sides..
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

You can install a ofr/schaller into a 580LP route, but you can't install a 580LP into a ofr/schaller/regular 580/590 route due to the bigger low-profile base plate on the 580LP.

Comment

Working...
                          X