Jackson RR2 Pickup Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR2 Pickup Route

I was curious if anyone who has an RR2 has tried swapping the stock Armstrong pickups. (I know these aren't common) I went to do a swap in the bridge and the damn pickup wouldn't fit in the route. I thought maybe the pickup was too big but none of my other passive pickups lying around (SD, Duncan Designed or JH-2) would make it in there. The metal parts that hold screw at the base made the width too large. It seems like the Armstrong pickups are slightly smaller so the route is smaller. What's up with that?

I had an RR2 and I can confirm that the width of the tabs at the baseplate is too large for the routing. My RR2 also had the kent armstrong pickups. I put in an BPK Nailbomb (if I remember correctly) with the standard F-spacing and I had to use a grinder to make it fit. No big deal, just use a vile or grinder to make the tabs a little smaller. BTW, I noticed that my kent armstrong pickups had a little help too.

Comment

Thanks for checking! I was afraid I would have enlarge the route. I'm not too keen on taking a grinder to my favorite USA

I'm not sure why they just wouldn't use the standard pickup route. :think:

Comment

As stated above just mod the tabs on the pup, no need to touch the body

Comment

Well unfortunately the pickup I was originally going to put in can't be modified to fit (I think). A Jackson pickup like the J90 or an EMG won't fit because they are square and not rounded at the edges. The entire pickup itself doesn't fit (doh). Then I realized even the other passives wouldn't fit because of the tabs.

I suppose I could buy an SD TB-5 and grind down the tabs. I honestly didn't think of that and I'd feel much better going that route. (No pun intended)

Comment

Working...
          X