No announcement yet.

cracked my floyd string lock block..ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked my floyd string lock block..ok?

Hey guys,
    While messing around to see if a dtuna would fit on my guitar I saw that that little black square(is it called a string lock block?) was chipped where the screw part pushes it. Right by the divot. Do I need to replace this or should I just live with it?

So far, it seems like I need to crank it a bit harder to hold the string, but otherwise, I haven't seen any problems. I just wonder if one day I'll have to crank it hard and I'll crack the whole block? If I need to replace it, is there anywhere that will sell just ONE where the shipping won't be more than the piece itself? lol

need to see a pic...but it sounds like I would replace it....thats just me....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Replace it.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Do you have a local store that wont ream your wallets butt? Most do, so ebay might be the best option. I would worry about a few bucks on shipping, it's better than a busted guitar.

Comment

Am I to assume those blocks will fit into any type of floyd? I have a schaller, btw.

I'm not near my guitar right now...but see the pic below?

The small area on under the circle on the bottom is cracked.

Comment

Yes those will work on an OFR and a Schaller.Guitar Center sells them.

Comment

Yes, as far as I know, there is only one size block that will fit into any type of Floyd.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's a link:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...xst=3&xsr=1490

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Thanks man...too bad shipping is going to be at least $8.75!

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog808 View Post
                    Thanks man...too bad shipping is going to be at least $8.75!
                    I can always fill a shopping cart on that site that would make shipping worthwhile.

Comment

best to go to a guitar shop... shipping fee is not worth it. oh and there are different sizes, licensed and original floyd, and floyd rose low pro... not sure why but at least on my floyd equipped guitars there are some blocks that don't fit others.

Comment

TRS LO pro have a lip at the bottom.
                        Some odd ball lic floyds have different size blocks.
                        Just take your old block with you and size them up to the new ones.

Comment

I know the ones GC sells (the proline) will fit the licensed trems not sure if they'll fit an OFR but they should.
                          Gil

Comment

Working...
                          X