Crackle paint for guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackle paint for guitars?

I'm sure it's been asked before but can't find the post- does anyone do crackle paint any more?

Won't help you much but from what I found, crackle finishes are like a crapshoot
    you won't know how it's gonna end up, so unless you either aren't picky, willing to shell out cash for a few retries,
    or bloody lucky the endresult is to your taste the first time, I'm sure some luthier/painter will be willing to do it
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I have some Jim. Metalflake was the biggest manufacturer of it. Like mentioned above...It is a crap shoot. Temperature, undercoat and all that fun stuff create variables. Here is the last contact I had for Vreeble. It only comes in black and clear these days from what I understand.

Metalflake 1-800-227-2683 in New Hampshire . Just researched it, they do not make it anymore. You will find it out there. I only have the clear left.
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

That stuff is all the rage in nail polish right now, so somebody is making it still.

You just have to buy a bunch of really small bottles!
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Man, that's gonna be expensive to have the nail techs at the salon paint a guitar!!
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I got the same effect when i sprayed a flat coat color over a gloss color. A chemical reaction will also make it crackle. I used rattle cans from wally world.
            Gil

Comment

Jacksonfreak: Pics?
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The area in question is the white part by the jack. Its bit a great pick and i kept spraying so it doesnt look as good as it once did.
                Gil

Comment

Working...
                X