No announcement yet.

Will OFR brass blocks fit in Schallers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will OFR brass blocks fit in Schallers?

Hey guys,
    Just was hoping someone might be able to confirm that an aftermarket brass block for an OFR will fit in a schaller? I wasn't 100% sure and the seller doesn't take refunds, so I was hoping someone might know before I buy? I figure the holes will line up, but you know what assuming does...

No, not without modding the screw holes on the schaller base plate, the screw hole spacing is off by a mm or two

Comment

really? I just ended up buying one from a guy off ebay who said it would fit...I think I can return it if it doesn't fit, but still...thanks for the heads up.

Comment

No offense, but I disagree. An OFR sized block should fit a Schaller plate.

To doublecheck I just took a brass block from Floyd Upgrades and tried it on both an OFR and a Schaller plate that I have here. Fits perfectly on both.

Comment

The JT580LP and Floyd Rose PRO (low profile) have holes that are a bit off. The OFR and Schaller (JT590) should be the same.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

This is actually a good question. In my parts box, I ended up with two sustain blocks with two different screw hole spacings. The both appear to be Schallers as they both have the same two patent numbers stamped in the same font. They are both 42 mm in height. But, they are not interchangeable. It has been a mystery to me for a while.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it fits when it arrives here.

Comment

If we're talking a straight swap between a German-made OFR and the (same manufacturer)Schaller lic'd Floyd, the answer is YES, they will fit. Just recently did an FU big block mod on both an OFR and a Lic'd Floyd and they both fit perfectly. Identical.

Comment

Yup, itll fit just fine.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Just an update, got the block last night, it lined up perfectly. The screws didn't go in real smooth but there were screws that came with the block so I just used those. Thanks again for the help guys.

Comment

One is for the Pro. It has a hair narrower spacing.

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      This is actually a good question. In my parts box, I ended up with two sustain blocks with two different screw hole spacings. The both appear to be Schallers as they both have the same two patent numbers stamped in the same font. They are both 42 mm in height. But, they are not interchangeable. It has been a mystery to me for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog808 View Post
                        Just an update, got the block last night, it lined up perfectly. The screws didn't go in real smooth but there were screws that came with the block so I just used those. Thanks again for the help guys.
                        Sweet. I thought it would fit, but nice to hear confiramation that it did.

Comment

Working...
                        X