Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Graph Tech Floyd Rose Bridge Saddles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Graph Tech Floyd Rose Bridge Saddles?

My D A E strings always broken on the point of saddle (maybe I play too hard).

And I examined the saddles of my FR ,they made my strings small angles.
    I found that my friend's FR made this angles too but more smooth and gentle.
    I don't know can you understand me , my bad English.

My question is :What do you guys think of Graph Tech Saddles ? Are they better than Original Floyd Rose Saddles ???

I didn't even know Graphtech made Stringsaver Floyd saddles. Really tempted to buy a couple of sets...
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Just installed a set, will report back.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If Sully approves, i'm placing an order.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Nevermind the bridge saddles !! I wonder what are the floyds like? There sure not cheap...

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=44
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Great,waiting for your report ,Sully.

Comment

To be honest, please don't expect a super in-depth report. It's for a customer, so I'll string it up and play it for a bit and probably leave it at that. i'd say that if you've used their products and like them, then go for it. I will say though, that the string lock screws were slightly wider on the Graph Tech, and they scratched a bit when installing the first one. So I kept the OFR screws, which were a match.
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully !
                I am in trouble of strings broken,especially on gig .It always comes without expected.Even if I use new strings.
                So I just want to find some saddles which are not so sharp to replace.
                If Graph Tech is no better than Original Floyd Rose in this respect ,I'll go OFR.............

Comment

Can you post a pic of the way you have the strings in the saddle?
                  Need to be in the middle of the saddle not off to either side.
                  Make a 90% bend on the wound strings after you cut the ball end off.
                  Also make sure the bent part of the string that you put in the saddle is close to as deep as the saddle is.
                  If you don't have enough string in there for the locking block to grab onto the string will pull out in time.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Can you post a pic of the way you have the strings in the saddle?
                    Need to be in the middle of the saddle not off to either side.
                    Make a 90% bend on the wound strings after you cut the ball end off.
                    Also make sure the bent part of the string that you put in the saddle is close to as deep as the saddle is.
                    If you don't have enough string in there for the locking block to grab onto the string will pull out in time.
                    Sorry my guitar is not in my side .

But I'm sure that I set strings enough deep ,and all in the middle of saddles.

They all broken on the bending position.And the angle of bending are sharper than my friend's FR bridge.

Comment

My concern is would the soft graphtech stuff change the tone of the guitar? The bridge is always a contact point of tone.

But if you are breaking so many stings, I'm not sure if you have a choice.

Comment

I wouldn't say that the graphtech material is soft, per se; it's made from the same graphite as a non locking nut. I'd say that if you don't like their non locking nuts, then the saddles aren't for you.
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          My concern is would the soft graphtech stuff change the tone of the guitar? The bridge is always a contact point of tone.
                          Their site says that it does change the tone.

"Metal saddles have a pronounced 2 KHz treble spike that dominates the tonal spectrum. String Saver saddles have a more balanced tone, with highs, mids and big open lows."

As for string breakage, if you're breaking strings on a Floyd a lot, you're doing something wrong or the bridge is faulty. I play 9's and I almost never have breakage.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by malevolent View Post
                            Thanks Sully !
                            I am in trouble of strings broken,especially on gig .It always comes without expected.Even if I use new strings.
                            So I just want to find some saddles which are not so sharp to replace.
                            If Graph Tech is no better than Original Floyd Rose in this respect ,I'll go OFR.............
                            I'm not sure how you could be breaking strings this much. I only use 9's, and I play fairly hard. I don't break alot of strings and when I do, its usually I'm doing something stupid.
                            Maybe try a different brand of strings? Have you had a close look at your floyd?
                            Last edited by dvscool; 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM.
                            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I suspect burrs on the saddles making the strings snap in time. Take it to a qualified tech and have them filed smooth.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X