X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DKMGFF Bridge STuds QUestion

Hello GUys
    how are you?!?!?!

I recently BOught a Jackson DKMGFF and im starting to set it slowly Up.
    when i tried to put the strings and set the bridge height Up, i noticed that the stud came OUT when i pulled the tremolo arm .I think it was not supposed to do this. right??:think:
    Is it Fixable or do i need to have even more HEADACHE with this?!?!?!

Help me out guys please Q: )
    JP
    Thanks in Advance

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd try to glue it back in first. What type glue is subjective, (wood glue, CA, etc) but let it cure properly before trying to set it up again. Nice axe BTW, would love to get hold of one myself sometime.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

If the stud pulled out just use some wood glue or CA glue on the stud anchor and push it back in.
      Make sure the hole is not damaged or elongated, try pushing it back in a little and inspect the hole first.If all looks good glue it back in.Let it cure.
      Tip : put the glue on the anchor not in the hole.it won't take much glue keep that in mind.
      Put the glue about 1/2 down on the out side of the anchor and as you push the anchor back into place the glue will spread up as you push it back in.
      Last edited by straycat; 10-30-2012, 03:31 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Straycat thank you very much.
        Ill try to take a photo of the Stud HOle . to me its ok. it has all the stud marks, i mean the stud has some stripes, natural from its design, and the hole has the same ones.
        Thanks again for the tip.
        JP

Comment

YW its a common thing that happens they just push them in.Just glue them back problem solved.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            YW its a common thing that happens they just push them in.Just glue them back problem solved.
            Is it a custom strat on your avatar or you just sanded the logo ?

Comment

Working...
            X