SPDIF (coaxial) to AES/EBU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPDIF (coaxial) to AES/EBU

I have a synth rack with a coax output and the master menu allows you to change the data from consumer SPDIF (consumer) to AES/EBU (Pro). I may end up having to make one myself. Unless anyone here knows where I can get one?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

When you say coax, do you mean BNC or RCA?

The M-Audio CO3 looks like it can do RCA to AES/EBU, and Canare makes a BNC to AES/EBU adaptor.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I mean RCA (phono SPDIF) to XLR (AES/EBU). My Proteus 2000 rack has the ability to change the output format of its RCA phono from SPDIF to AES/EBU. I was told to get a 700ohm cable which confused me, because AES/EBU is 110ohm and SPDIF coax is 75ohm. I was under the impression you just connect all 3 pins at both ends, no conversion box required. Of the conversion boxes I've seen, they all need mains power.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm having a custom cable made as we speak. The wiring diagram shows resistors (?!) installed, which is what I'm waiting for.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

FFS, the image insertion icon seems to copy several images instead of just the diagram. Edit isn't showing all items I wanna delete
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Fucking hell. I got the cable but it doesn't work.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Requirements for digital outputs using this kinda cable must be different. I get the same issue with my Boss GT-10, but using the coaxial out on my Eclipse does not exhibit the clipping/overload.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Problem pending resolve Late Jan/Early Feb. I'm ordering a Behringer Ultramatch SRC2496. It converts both sample rate and format.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                X