Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for a Guitar Tech in Minneapolis/St Paul/Maple Grove area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a Guitar Tech in Minneapolis/St Paul/Maple Grove area?

Hello, and thanks ahead for your responses.

I live in Eden Prairie MN these days. And I am looking for a great tech to do the whole 9 yards set up work on my aging guitars. Fret leveling/re-seating locking nuts and all it takes to make them play like butter again.
    I can't stand to use GC when I see how badly their own guitars play.
    Any suggestions from local player suggestions would be great.

Thank you again.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Find a Fender Custom Care certified Luthier or Repair Shop near you. That's how I found my guy... I've had fret levels from a couple of the best places in the bay and my new Luthier is hands down the best I've ever played. Better than Kamimoto Stringed Instruments when they still did guitars.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Tim O'Brian has a shop and an amp company in Plymouth or Maple Grove. He was with Grover and Wayne back in the day. Can't recall how long he said. But If anyone has had him work on your guitar, I would love to know the experience.

Comment

Hoffman Guitars in Mpls . They have repaired and refretted for me. They are also listed on the Jackson website as a certified Jackson repair shop.also call Capitol Guitars in St Paul they are a Certified Jackson Dealer and know of some qualified techs.

MrHiwatt
        Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
        RR1 Black
        RR1 Blue ghost flames
        Stealth EX
        Hamer Studio
        Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Thank you very much. These have been used with 11's for awhile. And one has 12's. So you can imagine the ware and tare on these frets. Plus I think I am ready to go FR upgrades then take them in.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt View Post
            Hoffman Guitars in Mpls . They have repaired and refretted for me. They are also listed on the Jackson website as a certified Jackson repair shop.also call Capitol Guitars in St Paul they are a Certified Jackson Dealer and know of some qualified techs.

MrHiwatt
            Second the Capitol Guitars, these guys are great people.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I third Capitol Guitars. They are great guys. They are in bands too and do alot for the local music community.
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
              X