Best way to clean interior of case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean interior of case?

I had my Jackson Performer in the case for 3-4 years so the strings are all funky, i've had to put my Model 6 in that case while moving house now its strings feel funky.

What do?
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Don't put any guitars in that case?
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

baking soda and a vacuum cleaner...???... maybe put some of those moisture absorbing things in the case for long term storage
      Last edited by LaoWai; 10-19-2012, 12:29 AM.
      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

I'm not tellin' you. No way man!

It's not the case you wanna clean...its your plush car seat.

I know...

50/50 white vinegar and water, with a drop of alcohol. Mix that, rub it in with your hands. To bring the fluffy nap up..use a toothbrush or any clean, fine bristled brush. This works wonders on salt stained suede boots, carpets, as well. In fact, We don't buy windex and ect anymore. This works amazing on mirrors, counter tops, glass, ect . No streaks at all with the smidge of alcohol (for fast drying). Leave out the alcohol if you're using it on any finished products...it kinda eats thru. I use it to wipe the back of my unfinished guitar necks. I did tonight. I pour that over a pack of baby wipes, and use those damp bastards. Yes, on my beehind too..

Cheap as dirt and works perfectly. This will cost a dollar.

Works wonders for us.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Keep silicone packs or caps, or cotton balls in there to absorb any moisture. Some cheap cologne would help.

Like they put in pill bottles.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Will a silicone pack dry the guitar out?
            USA Jackson RR1
            Charvel Model 6
            Jackson Performer-2
            Orange Dark Terror
            EVH 5150 LBX
            Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
              I got all the factory ones they threw in mine from '95. Not at all.

Comment

Thanks Bill, got 3 teeth out at the dentist today, mourh feels like a hooker at the end of a busy night along the streets if St Kilda, mouth....so....numb!
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                  if you notice your guitar curling at the edges, it might be time to take it out for a good soaking. Until then, you should be golden
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Terry, Listen to Gary. Soak it in gold. Give it a golden shower.

Comment

Yo Bill how much did u pay for ur Uberschall in the US? I looked em up here they go for $5k here :O
                      USA Jackson RR1
                      Charvel Model 6
                      Jackson Performer-2
                      Orange Dark Terror
                      EVH 5150 LBX
                      Hello Senòr

Comment

Oh I paid 2000 from a guy a few hours away. I have the reciept..he bought it new a few month prior for $2,700i That was cool, because I actually looked and played it before I grabbed it. Then I got to cradle it like a baby in the car. No shipping anxiety. It's VERY nice.

To be absolutely honest. Why don't you try the new Peavey line. You prolly can find a 3210 really cheap now. It the closest thing to their Uber to my ears. I got very comfy with it in minutes. I really liked it. 800 bucks new..lots of nice features.

Comment

Oh i womt be after an amp for a long time was just saying how pricey they are here
                          USA Jackson RR1
                          Charvel Model 6
                          Jackson Performer-2
                          Orange Dark Terror
                          EVH 5150 LBX
                          Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                          X