Dragonfire "Jackson-like" necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonfire "Jackson-like" necks

I was looking at their PUs (following some interesting threads I had just read here on the JCF forum) when I saw that they are selling "Jackson-kind-of" necks.

So I'm curious to know if anyone here bought one or was able to try one out?

I'm tempted to get a maple fretboard one and slap it on one of my cheap JS guitars I have.

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/pro...234d37f2d5f412

According to a reply I got from them, these neck copies would fit.

So any comments?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Those necks are garbage. Look at the feedback for them on ebay. I ordered one for a friend and it was utter shit. Sent it right back for refund.

Comment

Thanks plon! You saved 80$!
      I had just stumbled on this looking for their PUs.
      I had not checked evilbay yet.
      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
        Those necks are garbage. Look at the feedback for them on ebay. I ordered one for a friend and it was utter shit. Sent it right back for refund.
        Garbage how sir? Twisted? Bad fret work? Please fill me in.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Very soft (probably not dried long enough) maple, piss poor fret and binding work, the heel was WAY off from what was stated. Of course this is just my observation, FWIW.

Comment

I trust plon, he knows quality.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This was one of the necks I was considering for a DKMG project in another thread. I'm glad someone set the record straight. I wonder if anyone else has any opinions of Dragonfire necks?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                I trust plon, he knows quality.
                +1

Listen to the plon!!!

Comment

Ok, thank you plon. I was just curious.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

No problem. Just trying to save someone else the disappointment.

Comment

Thanks Plon. Was checking into these for a project using my DK2M body.

Comment

Plon for President!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the review, plon. I asked about these from their Ebay listing a while back but don't think anyone had experience with them at the time. I sent them a message asking if they could do SLS headstocks but never got a reply, so there's that as well.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I emailed the guy and got 2 replies... But the answers were not very informative...
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                            X