Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luthier/Repair question: Is there a basic driver set that you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luthier/Repair question: Is there a basic driver set that you use?

I have a Chapman driver set that I've used for firearms maintenance, it's pretty much a standard high quality small kit with many of the essential driver bits designed not to bugger up expensive firearm fasteners...

Is there anything similar that you guys use for guitars? I tried searching around, but I seriously have no idea if there is an industry standard set that you'd find at shops across the country, kinda like the Chapman is for gunsmiths.

Just curious to know what you guys use to keep those screws and allens looking perfect.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I have one of those multi tools that i've had for as long as i can remember. I think it was called a guitool, lol. Basically a swiss army knife for guitarists, Alen wrenches, flat head, phillips, string cutter ect. I think i've had it probably 20 years or more, though i usually end up using whatever is laying around at the moment. Then i come across that and go oh yeah there's that thing.

Comment

I just have a set of standard and metric allen wrenches and garden variety screwdrivers. Nothin' fancy.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have a collection of tools I've bough to make my own "set" if you will. I saw Stewmac has a small kit but I don't really need it since I've got what I need already.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...l?tab=Pictures

Comment

Ah ok. I don't care about the allens really. I would just buy the cheap ones in bulk. I'm always willing to spend a few extra bucks on a good screwdriver with a tip that will shatter instead of bend and bugger up screws. I'll just stop by a machinist supply store, get a couple of nice T handle drivers, a couple of nice screwdrivers and a bunch of throwaway allens....

I just need a nice flathead from my Edge-III trem that won't bugger up the metal is what started all this...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X