PC1 internal PCB trim pots question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 internal PCB trim pots question?

My Solar PC1 is starting to act up and sounds no where as controlled in regards to the sustainer feedback as say my Chlorine PC1.

As soon as you hit the harmonic switch it just howls a miserable feedback.

There very little in regards to the internal trim pots available on the net.

What do they each do and what is the proper factory way to adjust these?

One is for gain and the other is for feedback(harmonics).
    Adjust the feedback/harmonics first. The roll the gain back if that doesn't solve the issue.
    If it still howls, the driver or board could be going bad... most likely the board.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks rjohnstone!

Question is which one is which? Also some internet "source" said that the pots are actually backwards so I might have to actually turn them down ?

If the unit is indeed fried what does Jackson actually charge in a repair and replace situation if I may ask?
      Last edited by vklobucar; 09-24-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Set both pots to match you "good" PC1 visually, then go from there. If it "just started" and hasn't been that way all along, I'd say you might have internal damage (cracked resistor, loose solder joint, etc).
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes... the pots are "backwards". Down is up.
          They only have one full rotation, so set to 50% and roll either direction.
          This board was originally built for a Kramer where the LED is visible from the front of the guitar.
          Newc is correct in that there could be a damaged component (bad board).

From my personal experience, Jackson will not replace the boards outside of warranty.
          This is why I'm always trying to get them from people when they pull the boards from their guitars.
          Need spares.
          Some are repairable at the board level depending on which component dies.
          -Rick

Comment

I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Comment

Working...
            X