Takeuchi Floyd upgrades???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi Floyd upgrades???

I have a Takeuchi branded, MIJ, non Jackson, Floyd that was given to me. The baseplate has TRS-101 stamped on the top. I was wondering if anybody knows what brass block fitment will fit on it. I know the trem bar screws into it but I plan on popping out the collar that's pressed into the baseplate and putting in a regular Floyd type collar if I can get a block that fits. If it makes a difference I'm interested in a 42mm block. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Pics please my trem arm screws in the the sustain block itself.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Pics please my trem arm screws in the the sustain block itself.
      That one came off an Ibanez most likely.

Comment

It does stray, I have an older yamaha with the same exact trem. I'm gonna do away with that and put in a regular bar mount. It looks just like and OFR. A pic of it will have to wait a bit I tore it all apart for cleaning it was a mess. Her's a link to one for sale. http://www.emma-music.com/boutique/f...=lg_fr&num=151
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You going to change the sustain block too? Not sure if the mounting holes will be the same for a floyd style block.

Comment

Yes, change the block and put in a regular Floyd type bar. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't have a real Foyd to compare to and I don't know the spacing on the 3 tone block screws on one. The bar mount is a piece of cake I just need a few measurements from a real Floyd. If they are the same I will put one that fits an OFR on it and rock out.

Comment

I took the plunge and ordered one, it's made to fit Takeuchi and several other Jackson trems so if it's a miss I will have a place for it to go. Thanks stray have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                I have a Takeuchi branded, MIJ, non Jackson, Floyd that was given to me. The baseplate has TRS-101 stamped on the top. I was wondering if anybody knows what brass block fitment will fit on it. I know the trem bar screws into it but I plan on popping out the collar that's pressed into the baseplate and putting in a regular Floyd type collar if I can get a block that fits. If it makes a difference I'm interested in a 42mm block. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

check out this cat ( http://myworld.ebay.com/guitarupgrad...p2047675.l2559 ). he made one for me. his prices are reasonable and he doesn't make you pay through the nose for any one-off special stuff.

Comment

+1 Getting one from him now as a matter of fact. The guy is awesome to work with. If I like how it sounds, I have a funny feeling all of my guitars are getting one.

Comment

Working...
                  X