Strappage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strappage Question

This is more of a preference question than a tech question...

What do you guys/gals use for straps?

I've been using a 2" wide DiMarzio ClipLock quick release strap on my old Strat. (As others have mentioned, the nylon lock ends left screwed to the guitar make a high probability they will at some point mar the guitar's finish in some way, so I've decided to go with Schaller Straplocks for the Jackson.)

Now, the 2" wide nylon DiMarzio strap is almost comfortable, but the edges of the strap will start to dig into my neck and the top of my shoulder during extended play. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

So, I'm open for recommendations on straps that you folks have used and found to be comfortable for extended playing sessions. I have a preference for nylon (it breaths a lot better than leather), and I don't want a strap so wide that it will ride up on my neck.

TIA for the replies,

Mer

Re: Strappage Question

I use the Levy's MSS7, strap. It's leather, but it's comfortable, and I now have them on both of my guitars.

Comment

Kev is into leather...

Comment

I use the Levy's M11... my favorite strap.

It's a 3/4" leather strap with a movable pad... and I use the pad when I'm playing bass... but it's much more comfortable without the pad when I'm using it on a guitar... go figure.

You'd think a thin strap would cut into you, but it's actually much more comfortable for me. Weird, eh?
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

custom snakeskin,thanks to my dad for rattler hunting and craftin a great strap.....

Comment

BIG OLE Leather strap.....no name heavy POS, but works [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

nylon here
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ive been using a levys strap for a while now and I love it, the inside is nylon but outside is leather.

Comment

I love the DiMarzio Cliplocks, but I only have them on three older guitars that are a little beat up to begin with. I prefer the Schallers on my others, though a couple do have Dunlops. One of my guitars has an Ernie Ball leather strap that's adjustable by Velcro (the same one EVH uses). My other straps are nylon Planet Waves straps that have the adjustable shoulder pad on them.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

toejam, i recently started using schallers and weds i looked down and the nut had fallen off the strap didn't come loose. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] did i not tighten it enough? i'm using a thick 2" wide leather strap.what can i do to prevent this from happening again?
                    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Leather! and Schaller strap locks. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm strictly a studio guy (no fancy stage moves, in other words), so it's whatever the cheapest strap at the store happens to be. Nylon, usually. The strap for my Fusion Pro does have a snappy yin-yang logo on it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
                          toejam, i recently started using schallers and weds i looked down and the nut had fallen off the strap didn't come loose. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] did i not tighten it enough? i'm using a thick 2" wide leather strap.what can i do to prevent this from happening again?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, no idea. My cousin's friend got a beat up Les Paul over the summer and the Schallers wouldn't stay on either for some reason. I'm stumped! I've heard of problems with Dunlops coming off, but never Schaller. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I also use Schaller strap locks on most of my guitars. I have a Les Paul with them on it and have never had a problem with it. If the nut came off the strap end of the lock most liekly you didn't get it tight enough and it worked itself loose. If you can find the nut try using a socket wrench to get it tight enough but don't strip the threads.
                            Gil

Comment

Leather, leather, leather of the 3 in. variety.

Comment

Working...
                              X