Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nut material, Grahptech or lo-friction polycarbonate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut material, Grahptech or lo-friction polycarbonate?

Which is better? I recently got a model 2 that I wanted to change the nut on with a change to locking tuners and getting rid of the after nut all together. I don't know much about non-locking nuts all of my other guitars have Floyds with regular locks. I know I'll need files for the guides, but what kind of glue should I use? These both are supposed to be very slippery products. Or should I just cut the nut down and put a locking nut on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

I think if you have measurements graphtech will sell you pre-cut ones.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The trouble with going to no after the nut string lock on a model 2 is your tuning stability goes out the window with the angle of the pointy headstock.
      Locking tuners will not help that.
      V trem pointies have tuning problems, maybe if you angle the nut slot it won't be too bad on the non wound strings but the wound strings are a pain.
      I would keep the after the nut string lock it works just fine.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys. I here yah stray if it will stay in tune well enough I'll just leave it well enough alone. I don't do a lot of whammy work while playing so I may just spend the money and time towards a brass block for the JT 6.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
        X