Pickup ID help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup ID help please...

Seymore Duncan Frankenstein, or just a 78?!? I have no idea about this shit... help! lol

These are the singles that came with it... I figured them out... a Paul Gilbert Dimarzio and an Area 67... still have no clue about these either.

Last edited by xenophobe; 09-19-2012, 03:27 AM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I'm not sure what you are asking - I think you corretly iidentified all three. A 78 Humbucker and a couple of clearly marked DiMarzios.

Are you asking "how do they sound?" Or "Are they any good?"

I've not had any of those.

Comment

Well for the custom shop pickup, it seems that the custom 78 was also provided to make the frankenstien pickup and the way you differenciate is that one is enamel and the other is poly... are they referring to what the wire is coated with, or I dunno.

I seriously have little knowledge of pickups. I know I like EMG 85 as a bridge and my next favorite is the Super Distortion. The J-50BC is pretty ok, and the J-95 is a bit better, and that I don't like many of SD's offerings, but I think I do like this bridge pickup.

I guess I was just asking for overall opinions as well as id help. I know nothing of SD custom stuff, so I guess I was asking to be schooled.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I hang out at SD forums a lot, but I'm not (flame suit on) the biggest EVH tone hound. I didn't know there was a separate Frankenstein pickup, only the 78. Didn't know they came with different wire.

I do know the 78 holds it's value pretty well. I usually see these go for about $100 which is good for an SD pickup ($50 is average).

Comment

Working...
        X