Stewmac tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewmac tools

Is Stewmac the only place to get all of the nifty tools for guitar building/repair? I'm not talking the basic stuff like files and router bits, but more of the specialty items like the notched straightedge, binding router guide, and stuff like that? Any other sites I should look at?

LMI http://www.lmii.com/ and Warmoth have luthier tools. Some ebay sellers also have them.

Comment

Be ready to spend some bucks!
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the leads. Going to be an expensive venture for sure!

Comment

i'll tell ya that if you're thinking of getting that dremel binding router guide that looks like a cylinder, don't.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't, I just used it as an example because it was on the page when I was typing up this post. I've watched enough videos of people routing without it and feel like I could accomplish it without the guide. I also don't plan on trying anything with binding for quite a while.

Comment

Gotcha. Just wanted to throw that out there. I bought it years ago and have never (and will never) use it. As far as the notched straightedges go, you can make your own VERY easily and cheaply from a drafting square.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

fastcap has some tools that apply to guitars as well, some better than Stewripoff.
                http://www.fastcap.com/
                >^v^<

Comment

Working...
                X