Paintjob help/ ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintjob help/ ideas

Recently I picked up the Charvel San Dimas ProMod Wildcard that's finished in grey primer. I've never had a one off finish and I'm thinking it would be kind of cool to have my guitar custom painted. The thing is, I'm not really sure what paintjob to get. I have a few ideas and don't know if I should incorporate one or all into a design. Here are my initial thoughts.

- I like the classic charvel designs because they're so easy to see (HR flames, Pink Spider web, Bullseye). They tend to be very in your face/ obnixious and I want a design like that, where you can easily see it. EVH and lynch both have signature paintjobs. when you see the crisscrossing lines and bengal tiger stripes, its instantly recognizable. I might like something like that.
    - I like bright colors whether its neon or glow, or sparkle and might want to see them in the design.
    -I like taking what's standard and making fun of it just a little. Heavy metal, for example, is full blackness and death. I might want to put lots of color into it and make it joyous instead of about death and dying.
    -I've also thought about a few other concepts-

1- 1950's vision or the future meets 1950's retro (bold colors, chrome, maybe a martian)
    2- Angry hippies
    3- Colorful happy heavy metal
    4- Steampunk
    5- There's this rare Ratt graphic in the video link below. I might like something like that with the addition of a maple tree and a few other design choices.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaZfr...ure=plpp_video

I've contacted Mike learn first to see if he can do something cool.

I'd appreciate some help and ideas and I'm having difficulty deciding on what design to go with. I know someone is going to suggest Argyle and/or cock dragons, but in all seriousness, I'm looking for a little guidance.
    Last edited by The Rossness; 09-09-2012, 03:25 PM.

Working...
X