Your favorite locking trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite locking trem?

I'm ordering another gold on and I'm on the fence. I've got a Gotoh and an OFR and I really like them both! The OFR seems more "solid" but the arm/collar on the gotoh is so much nicer! What are your thoughts?

Gotoh
    Schaller
    OFR

In that order. Gotoh is product improved in almost every respect, locking studs, better trem arm, screws to lock the springs to the trem block, rounded and beveled saddles, etc... Schaller has the shorter and fatter screws, feels like fine tuners are a little smoother than OFR, I like the Schaller's thicker base and brass trem block over the OFR, they feel and sound better to me. I find nothing really wrong with an OFR, I just prefer the Schaller over it for those few reasons. I like the Gotoh better because it's basically an OFR with every improvement everyone has ever asked for. If it had an easier to use micro-adjust for intonation, I wouldn't even bother mentioning the Schaller and OFR.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ibanez makes the best locking trems. The edge zero is very groovy. The floyd rose pro is great as well.

for a non-locking system, Vigier makes the best units.

Comment

OFR..they just feel like home.

This is subjective. EX: I love both hands, but my left one knows exactly what my pud needs..while the right one is workin' the PC mouse.

It's a good system...for me.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like the OFR ans schaller the best, With Gotoh and takuechi a close second. The edge trems do perform nicely but seem to be made of a lesser metal and look frail to me. I've had edge posts snap on me and strip out.
          Gil

Comment

I love OFRs but the Ibanez Edge Zero has to be the best trem design i've ever seen. Everything about it is so elegantly designed and engineered.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
              I love OFRs but the Ibanez Edge Zero has to be the best trem design i've ever seen. Everything about it is so elegantly designed and engineered.
              I would probably agree with this but... i can't be dropped into my guitar!

Comment

OFR and SCHALLER ftw!

Comment

New Gotohs.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                    Ibanez makes the best locking trems. The edge zero is very groovy.
                    Ibanez doesn't make trems. Gotoh makes all of Ibanez's trems. Just saying... lol
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X