Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar should I put a titanium floyd rose on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar should I put a titanium floyd rose on?

I have a 1980's Jackson san dimas USA made dinky thing i had handed down to me and all i knowis its candy blue with a jt590 foyd (i believe) and wrom what ican tell sound wise a JB/59 pickup combo.

Then i have a 1988 model 3 in candy pink with a jb in bridge and 2 jackson single coils, ebony fingerboard and stuff.

jackson dk2m

a jackson rhoads professional from early 90's neck thru and ebony fingerboard with a invader/evh eolfgang pickup combo

and a charvel stx cst with ash body and a cool kind of charry sunburst like finish.

My question is to you guys, What do you think is the best guitar to put the floyd rose on? (i cant make my mind up because I'm biased to every guitar and cant choose haha)

Reason being i don't want to somehow hurt the value of the guitar by modifying it with that and taking the other Floyd off (dk2m i don't really care about) It has the titanium saddles and titanium 37mm block with all the extras and original parts and whatnot.

(ill post pictures if anyone wants me to)

Thanks for your time!

Is it one of the ones that cost like $800, $900? If so have one built for it. Just a thought.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
      Is it one of the ones that cost like $800, $900? If so have one built for it. Just a thought.
      yea man i bought it from a guy for 300 with the invader and evh pickups included (he was a druggy that needed a fix so.....yeah...) But the recipt from floyd upgrades says it was 1200. I want to have one built for it by warmoth but i dont have the cash to do so.

Comment

Put it on the model 3. The other one has a decent floyd already and the model 3 probably has a jt6 on it and those are craptacular
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Whichever guitar you put that titanium floyd in, isn't going to hurt the value of the guitar..
          1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
          1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
          2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
          2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
          2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
          2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
          1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
          2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
          2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
          1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

Originally posted by silar View Post
            Whichever guitar you put that titanium floyd in, isn't going to hurt the value of the guitar..
            Thats what i originally thought man haha

Comment

Nah it has the jt590, actually they all have the jt590 except the dk2m which it the 580. Im thinking of actually saving up and going on ebay to buy a so cal body and a wild card 7 neck and putting those together and possibly putting this on it. might be while though :/

Comment

Damn good idea sir.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Get the Gotoh. It's still better than an OFR, even if it's made out of titanium.

None of those guitars are worthy of a trem that costs as much as the titanium Floyd, IMO.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have used a gotoh and i don't have the same opinion, i thought it was one of the worst i've used. And i already have it so why spend more money on a worse tremolo?

Comment

I vote you put it on one of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by divider_of_zero View Post
                          I have used a gotoh and i don't have the same opinion, i thought it was one of the worst i've used.
                          You're clearly not talking about the right trem then. I'm talking about the Gotoh Floyd, not the Gotoh Wilkinson. Mechanically, it's almost identical to a Floyd Rose. The materials used are better. The parts are far more intricately machined. The trem blocks aren't even a comparison. The Gotoh is finely machined and includes screws to lock the springs onto the trem block. The OFR is cast. The OFR fine tuners are smoother, the Gotoh are graduated better and easier to get a fine tune. I could understand you might not like the feel of the Gotoh, it's completely smooth with no sharp edges. You might not like the screw in trem arm, I didn't at first, it's much smoother and easier to set at the perfect tension. The trem posts are locking as well. The only thing that I wish Gotoh would have done is included some sort of easy intonation micro-adjustment.

Maybe you should put it on the guitar you play the most? :P

BTW, this is the Gotoh. I'm currently writing an in-depth comparison vs. the Schaller that I'll post once I get pictures of the black Gotoh that should be arriving in the mail soon. This is my chrome one. It is really fucking nice. Every USA Jackson should ship with one, IMO.

Last edited by xenophobe; 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My question you said you have an 88 model 3 with an ebony board? They never made one sorry.
                            Gotoh trems are really nice and very well made I like them a lot.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              My question you said you have an 88 model 3 with an ebony board? They never made one sorry.
                              Gotoh trems are really nice and very well made I like them a lot.
                              Oh yea sorry its a warmoth neck (upgraded) haha didn't state that my bad.
                              Last edited by divider_of_zero; 09-04-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X